Data recovery software For [Windows & Mac]
You don’t want to guard off when you lose an important file. Instead, you may want to install reliable data recovery software already on your system, and this article is here to help you choose the best solution for you.
How does data recovery work?
Whenever a file is deleted, it is moved to the Recycle Bin. Even after deleting the file from the Recycle Bin, it is not removed. This deleted file path is deleted by the file system and makes it less accessible. The space allocated to this file will be marked as available for use by another file if necessary.
However, a binary file is still available on the computer. The file remains available until it is overwritten by another file. Parts of the file can stay on the hard drive for years.
If the deleted file is partially overwritten by another file, the data recovery software will not be able to recover the file and provide you with usable data. The best data recovery software will support all storage media and file structures and should be able to recover files from all types of storage media.
top 5 data recovery software
- Tenorshare 4DDiG Data Recovery
- Disk Drill (Free) Mac and Windows
- System Mechanic Ultimate Defense
#1 – Tenorshare 4DDiG Data Recovery [ Mac and Windows ]
Best for high data recovery rates and data security.
Tenorshare 4DDiG Data Recovery is a tool for data recovery on Windows and Mac devices. It can recover data in case of various data loss like formatting and deleting. It scans quickly and provides free previews.
4DDiG Windows Data Recovery Solution can recover data from an unbootable / crashed Windows OS. It supports various types of files such as photo and video recovery. It can recover permanently deleted files.
4DDiG Mac Data Recovery Solution provides complete and 100% secure data recovery. Data recovery via Tenorshare 4DDiG is just a 3 click process.
It’s easy to use. It can recover data instantly in any situation such as empty trash, accidental deletion, system crash, update failure, disk corruption, disk corruption, partition loss, CPU failure, broken screen, virus attack, disk formatting etc.
- Tenorshare 4DDiG uses data recovery patented technology to fully recover data and retain its original format and size.
- It supports all means for data recovery like flash drive, hard drive, memory card, digital camera etc.
- More than 1000 types of files and file systems supported by Tenorshare 4DDiG Data Recovery.
#2 – Disk Drill (Free) [ Mac and Windows ]
Disk Drill can recover Windows and Mac files. Pandora Recovery has now been converted to a disc drill with additional features This will give you better quality and allow you to recover archived, hidden, compressed or encrypted files.
- It can recover all file formats.
- supports all file systems.
- can recover any damaged storage device.
- provides full support for FAT, NTFS, HFS +, EXT4.
- can recover documents, videos, archives, music or photos.
- System Requirements: Windows XP and above and 16 MB of disk space.
#3 – System Mechanic Ultimate Defense
System Mechanic can be used to easily recover files on your Windows PC or digital device, regardless of the cause of the data loss scene. With System Mechanic, you’ll find all the tools you need to search and recover deleted documents or multimedia files from hard drives, CDs, cameras, flash players, mp3s, etc.
You can search for lost data across a specific location or the entire system. can customize your search by choosing which hard drive or folders to focus on. also do sector-level searches to find more deleted data. If you find your missing data, it will take you just one click to restore it to its original destination.
- Custom search for missing data.
- Recover data from distressed device.
- Recover data from multiple digital devices and drives.
- One-click recovery.
#4 – AnyRecover
AnyRecover is a data recovery software available in free and paid versions. It can recover lost or deleted files from various data loss situations. supports a variety of devices for data recovery. can be used to recover lost data through formatting, deletion, partition loss, disk damage, virus attack etc.
- AnyRecover can recover empty recycle bin, recover lost partitions, recover external device data and restore raw partitions.
- can preview the data before recovery.
- It supports multiple file recovery.
TestDisk and PhotoRec are companion programs. TestDisk is for recovering lost partitions. It can convert non-bootable disks into a bootable disk.
- Partitions and files can be recovered.
- It supports cross-platform.
- It is free and open source.